422W20 was originally designed in 1895 by Neville & Bagge. The building was renovated with thoughtful attention to detail using the existing floor plans with significant improvements: central air conditioning, new windows, and new design elements by Beyer Blender Bell with interiors by Alan Wanzenberg Architects, including new floors, kitchens, bathrooms, and amenity spaces.
Located on tree-lined 20th Street directly across from the General Theological Seminary’s private garden The Close, 422W20 presents an incredible opportunity to enjoy classic West Chelsea living.
Chelsea offers residents the classic New York lifestyle, with the perfect combination of cultural and recreational opportunities. With more than 200 galleries, it is the hub of modern art in New York. Chelsea is home to The High Line, a former elevated freight railroad along the Hudson River that has been transformed into a park. It is also home to Chelsea Piers, a converted passenger ship terminal and an expansive health club boasting ice rinks, basketball courts, gymnastics facilities and more. The classic art-deco architecture in Chelsea is complimented by many modern developments, some by such architects as Frank Gehry, Jean Nouvel and Shigeru Ban. The many shops, restaurants and bars make Chelsea a perfect place to spend an afternoon, evening or night.